The Latest In My Sheet Mask Collection

Sunday 22 October 2017

If you follow me on Instagram you'd know that I am a big fan of a sheet mask. I can sniff a new one out a mile off. People message me for recommendations or even to let me know about a sheet mask they love. Some say it's an out of control problem, I think it's perfectly fine to have a giant collection that I ended up having to buy storage for, totally fine.

I always pop into my local Boots or Superdrug if I'm near by, I normally pop to the shop for milk and come home with some new face delights to try. So here are some of the latest I've picked up and what I think of them.


I have actually tried the whole Soap & Glory face mask range which you can read about here , out of the whole collection these two are hands down my favourite. The Bright + Beautiful sheet mask is saturated in product and smells incredible, it's a normal tissue like face mask. It fits the shape of your face perfectly and leaves your skin feeling lovely and looking bright. The Speed Plump mask was a surprise for me when I first used it as I didn't notice that it was actually a Hydrogel  mask, basically a jelly sheet mask. It's really soothing and cooling on the skin, again, it fits the contour of the face perfectly. It's a really good quick pick me up for your skin.

  
Am I ever going to fall out of love with Garnier's Moisture Bomb Tissue Masks? Probably not. They do such a good job and are so cheap. They always seem to be on offer when I pop into Superdrug, I can never say no to that. I have an impressive stock of these. My all time fave is the Soothing Mask. I suffer with acne and once I've had a break out my skin obviously becomes fairly sore so I often turn to this mask to help calm my skin and it definitely works wonders for me. I then turn to the Re Balancing mask once my skin has calmed down, it helps to get my skin back to normal and works wonders on those pesky pores. The Revitalising mask is my go to for a quick pick me up when my skin is looking a little dull and in need of a little TLC. I've also picked up these masks to add to birthday presents, so now all my friends are just as obsessed with these as I am.


I'm not about the bullshit anyone, so I'll be honest. Worst masks ever. You're basically paying for the snazzy prints on these masks, but they are from Primark so I didn't really have high hopes. In reality they are just a bit of a novelty gift. The face mask was massive, it overlapped my face and I have a bit of a moon face too. I didn't notice my skin feeling any nicer, nor my hands at that matter. I found both of these masks a little dry compared to most sheet masks on offer, and also expensive. So yeah, It's a no from me.


Ever since turning 25 I've been doing all I can for my under eye area. I do not want wrinkles yet thanks. I also wake up at 5am for work so I'm constantly battling those dark circles. The Skin Republic Brightening Eye Mask is an absolute dream. Again I didn't read the packaging properly so I didn't realise it was actually a set of 3. I don't know what happens in my sleep but I always wake up with the puffiest face ever, so I often use these eye masks in the morning to calm that down and they work wonders. I've now got into a routine of using these regularly and they really have improved my under eye. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the PS... Dark Circle Reducing Eye Patches. I really didn't like them at all, these ones you actually stick on and are actually fairly uncomfortable to wear.


Only saved the best for last didn't I? The Sanctuary Spa Purifying Charcoal Bubble Sheet Mask is just great. It's a little on the pricey side for a face mask but in my opinion it's worth every penny. This mask is pretty saturated in product and as soon as you pop it on your skin you can feel the microbubbles getting to work, the microbubbles help to dislodge any skin clogging dirt, grim and pollution. Not only is the mask effective but it's also super fun, bubbles also appear on the outside of the mask, so while its working its magic you can laugh at your face slowly turning into the bubble man from the surf detergent adverts. Highly recommend sending pictures to friends because its hilarious. I'm now onto my sixth one of these masks, my skin appears less oily and pores a little less visible / less black heads around my nose. So yeah, try one!

Are there any masks you are loving that I haven't included?
Let me know in the comments.
Emily-May x

1 comment:

  1. Would love to try the Speed Plump mask from S&G, I'm so out of the beauty bloggers sphere at the moment that I didnt even know they had started doing masks!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete